Brigadier General Matt Bazeley
Commander Royal School of Military Engineering
· Understanding Operating and training challenges of future operations at large scale in the complex, urban environment
· Assessing the utility of heavy armoured engineer vehicles in future theatres, and the possible use of a mobile support urban warfare fleet.
· Managing route proving capability – balancing the IED threat with momentum requirement
· Going underground – will offensive and defensive subterranean operations return to the engineering skillset?
· Maintaining, sustaining and protecting the force – the challenges of living and operating in complex urban environments.
· Countering a dispersed mobile force – potentials of drones and robotics in counter-mobility operations