In this exclusive interview, Colonel Eddie Corrigan, Defence Logistics Concept and Force Development Assistant Head, UK Ministry of Defence and speaker at Combat Support Week 2019 shares exclusive insights on the potential new technologies hold for the defence support network to increase troops' readiness and efficiency through better data management and inventory oversight at an overall lower cost. In this Q&A, we answer the following questions:
- What are the current processes of the UK defence supply chain management?
- What are the consequences of failing to manage and deploy assets to support global deployments?
- How is the UK military incorporating AI and Big Data solutions into its defence supply chain to support international operations?
- What are the potential benefits of using AI and Big Data solutions in defence supply chains?
- How would you rate the current awareness of the military logisticians on the AI and Big Data solutions the industry is currently offering?
- How involved is the UK MoD in fostering a relationship between industry and the military to enhance processes within UK defence logistics?
This Q&A provides exclusive insight from Brigadier General Matt Bazeley, Commandant of the Royal School of Military Engineering (RSME), British Army and speaker at Combat Support Week 2019 on the importance of bridging to current and future operations.
He discusses the impact of changing doctrine on combat engineer training, the importance of bridging for operations and ways in which industry can help make bridge-laying as a key enabler of force mobility.