SPECIALIST SERVICE SUPPORT WORKSHOP
9:00 am - 11:00 am ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE, ROBOTICS AND DEFENCEMr Stuart Young - Head of the Centre for Defence Acquisition, Cranfield Defence and Security
AI and robotic systems have, over the past number of years, revolutionized the civilian space – with AI and robotics systems incorporated in almost every commercial space - from major engineering projects, fully automated warehouses and predictive delivery of online shopping.
Looking to take advantage of this overwhelming success in the commercial space, and faced with increasingly tight funding and reduced manpower, AI and robotic solutions are becoming increasingly seen as a viable solution to major challenges across defence.
Led by the Centre for Defence Acquisition, this session will focus on how Ai and robotics systems could be incorporated into the defence network, and what this will mean for military commanders in the future force. Key topics that workshop participants will focus on include:
· How AI and robotics are utilized in the civilian space
· Practical challenges to introducing these systems into the defence network
· Understanding how robotics and AI systems can be integrated into the existing force structure
· Learning to trust the machine – understanding the human / machine interface in a defence context
By attending this workshop, you will be able to;
· Understand and replicate AI and robotics uses in the civilian space in your defence network
· Identify the challenges to incorporating AI and robotics systems, and assess how to overcome these challenges
· Establish a route map to acquisition and deployment of AI and robotics within the Combat Support Services
Session led: Mr Stuart Young, Head, Centre for Defence Acquisition, Cranfield University
Mr Stuart YoungHead of the Centre for Defence Acquisition
Cranfield Defence and Security